I'm back after almost a year-long hiatus, when, in all honesty, I'd run out of ideas for this blog and let it languish, unloved and neglected, in the black hole that is the internet.
However, I've decided to give it another go and to see where my ideas take me and how my writing develops. (Also, I quite enjoy people telling me they read my blog!)
So I think a life update is required here on the last one or two years:
- I qualified as an English teacher in May 2016
- I have been teaching English at a college part time BUT...
- I will be starting a new job at a grammar school (posh!) in September.
- I went on my first ever girls' holiday in May 2017 to Greece (more about this in future blog posts!)
- My eldest is going to start high school in September (unbelievable!)
Generally, I think I'm winning at life. I'm ready to embark on a new career and hopefully, excel at it. I've worked at college for 5 years and will dearly miss it and the people but it's time for a new adventure and the new job was too good an opportunity to miss.
So for future blog posts, reply in the comments and tell me what you want to read more of. My funny life stories? More fiction? Or just a good old rant? Tell me!